Fence Power-Washing and Staining
There are 2 types of fences that the normal home has:
- A picket fence; which is usually installed for ornamental purposes and has spacing in between the fence boards.
- A privacy fence; usually runs around the backyard, is much taller, usually around 6 feet, and has no gaps in between boards.
Both fences can be painted or stained any color. There are several types of stains and paints to use, depending on the look you want to achieve.
- A semi-transparent stain shows off the wood graining, and adds deep penetrating color to the wood fibers
- A clear coat shows the real wood color and characteristics, it's only purpose is to protect the wood from sun and weather damage
- A solid stain can be any color at all; just like paint, you can match it to the home or any other surface, it is much thicker and covers a majority of the wood graining.